Jamaica Bay Wildlife Refuge (Sep 4, 2009)
I arrived at Jamaica Bay Wildlife Refuge at 2pm. Bird numbers and species diversity on the northern portion of the East Pond were low. The two previously observed Avocets were present but stayed out of good shooting range until around 4pm.
For the next three hours the bird photography picked up as the Avocets moved closer and a few other species began feeding along the edge of the pond. The afternoon light was good as the sun faded into the slightly cloudy western sky. Below are a few images from the day.
Late in the afternoon there was a nice group of Lesser Yellowlegs, Short-billed Dowitchers, Stilt Sandpipers, and one Wilson's Phalarope feeding close to the edge of the pond.
Jamaica Bay Wildlife Refuge (Sep 4, 2009)
Hi,
ReplyDeleteSuperb shot on the waders. I like the low angle shot with the smooth background.
Thanks. I also see that you have many excellent bird shots on your website and also have an interest in F1. I have shot the F1 race in Montreal twice; lots of fun!
ReplyDelete