Jamaica Bay Wildlife Refuge (Sep 15, 2009): American Golden-Plovers
I once again visited Jamaica Bay Wildlife Refuge on Tuesday, September 15 for bird photography focusing on shorebirds. Throughout my previous visits, there had been a few species which I wanted to capture, but had not been able. Although I had observed both the American Golden-Plover and Pectoral Sandpiper, I was not able to make successful images of these bird species, either due to distance, or in the case of the Pectoral Sandpiper, I only had one fleeting encounter. I had better luck this time.
During my visit I observed the following notable species:
- American Avocet (2)
- American Golden-Plover (2) - one adult; one juvenile
- Pectoral Sandpiper (2)
- Stilt Sandpiper (10)
- White-rumped Sandpiper (6)
Below are a few images from the day.
Jamaica Bay Wildlife Refuge (Sep 15, 2009): American Golden-Plovers
No comments:
New comments are not allowed.